To start our day, we hit Cave of the Winds for their Discovery Tour. LH hadn't seen the cave since she was a kid and I hadn't seen it in six and a half years. This was Flynn the Kindly Arsonist and Telpe's first chance at seeing a real cave, apparently.
(Naturally, there were many unique photo ops in the cave. My camera actually did alright with the dark lighting, much to my surprise. I got a few photos that I'm quite happy with.)



After the tour, we lingered on the balcony outside the cave for a little bit. I will never get enough of the beautiful mountain vistas that we have in this state.
(My companions for the day, backed by the beautiful Rockies.)

After the Cave of the Winds, we took a trip to Helen Hunt Falls before heading back into town and meeting my mom and sisters at Jimmy John's for lunch. Since LH, Flynn the Kindly Arsonist and Telpe didn't have to get back until five-ish, we took a spontaneous trip to our favorite regional park. The lakes that I photographed a few times this summer were all frozen over, which made for a spectacular sight.
(It appeared that many folks had thrown objects out onto the ice. Whether they were testing the solidity or trying to break the ice, I've no idea. It did leave the ice rather littered, though.)

Telpe started us off by carefully shuffling out on the ice. My sisters and Flynn both joined her before I caved and joined them (mostly due to the fact that Telpe wanted to borrow my camera.) We didn't go too far out, for fear of hitting patches of ice that weren't quite as solid as the ones we played around on, but we still managed to get a good fifteen feet off of the shore.

I rode with them, following my mom and sisters, back home before they took off for the evening. I doubt that I shall see them again while they're here, but that's alright, for I had a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment