Tuesday, February 08, 2011

8 February, 2011

We all prepare for things every day. Illustrate preparedness in a photograph today.

I must admit that this one had me stumped for a little while. Sure, I could think of plenty ways to illustrate preparedness, but how to do it artistically? All of our cars are equipped with emergency kits, toolboxes, etc., but I didn't think I could successfully portray them creatively. As I looked at the snow-covered streets, I thought of tire chains, but knew of no one in our neighborhood that kept them on their trucks. So what, I thought, could successfully demonstrate preparedness and give a little insight to my day? Then it dawned on me: firewood! On a cold, snowy day like today, there is much comfort in knowing that you have a large pile of firewood stored next to the fireplace--just in case.

1 comment:

  1. Nice interpretation of the theme. I like where you chose to focus. Well done.

    ReplyDelete