I put a fair bit of thinking into today's challenge. Just about everything I came up with was actually an illustration of age or a clock. Flowers. (Yeah right. Like we have those here in Colorado in April.) Weathered fence. Clock. Eroded concrete. Our oldest dog. Sundial. Clock.
Clocks, being a measurement of time, seemed very much to me like photographing a tape measure and claiming you photographed a human. I just couldn't accept that particular subject. However, after much contemplation, an idea finally clicked.
Most of you probably know that I'm a Doctor Who fan. If you didn't before, consider yourself enlightened. As I thought on time and how to represent it, a quote by the Doctor himself popped into my head. (For those of you that don't know, the Doctor is a time traveling alien. It sounds weird, but it's actually awesome.) These were the Doctor's words: "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff."
So I give you my illustration of time: a ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey yar-- *ahem* stuff.
Very interesting interpretation of the theme. I like the patterns in the yarn.
ReplyDelete