Saturday, January 15, 2011

15 January, 2011

We decided to attend the ice sculpture festival again this year. For the second year in a row, we were rather disappointed at the lack of sculptures. We technically only saw three sculptures (not including the ice checkerboard and the tic-tac-toe game). Though I didn't get as many shots as I had hoped, I managed to capture enough photographs that I can't seem to decide on just one.

One of the giant checker pieces. Unfortunately, the checkerboard had been turned into a giant skating rink by practically every child that attended the festival, so this was the only good shot I could get of the board.

An antique Charlie Chaplin poster at the most popular restaurant on the street. (They also have antique buckboard wagons hanging from the ceiling, a stuffed bison that was--supposedly--poached at our local zoo and a number of other strange artifacts.)

This next shot has actually been cropped a fair bit. Firstly, because the nose of a car managed to sneak into the bottom of the picture and, secondly, because my camera's zoom is not particularly impressive. Fortunately, I have it set to take massive photos, so I can usually crop them up a good bit without a single problem.

Anyhow, the horse on the near side of the wagon was being something of a rascal, as you can see. He kept tossing his head, stamping his hoof, rearing up, doing everything he could to try to convince his driver to let him go forward. The folks on the ride looked a bit concerned at his behavior. They had a good driver, though, so they had no need for worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment