Tuesday, September 07, 2010

6 September, 2010

In the afternoon, my mom and I ran some errands (to Michael's and Sports Authority to see if we could find some decent practice balls). And we did! Two lacrosse balls (a bit grippy for some tricks and smaller than even my ball, but definitely a good thing to hand to little kids) and a pair of 2 1/2" wooden balls (I'm still looking for some bigger ones, but these work great for multi-ball tricks). Before that, though, I spent over an hour practicing juggling in the backyard, with emphasis on the inner elbow stall (demonstrated below). This and the outer elbow stall are crucial to doing arm roll moves, so I have to get them down before I move onto bigger stuff.

Taking this photo was hard. My right inner elbow stalls are better than my left, so I decided to demonstrate for the camera using the former (even though I mostly practiced with my left). However, taking the picture was easier said than done, since my camera is designed to be used with the right hand, not the left. But with some fiddling and twisting of my limbs, I succeeded! (I love how tiny my hand looks in this photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment