Monday, May 23, 2011

23 May, 2011

Make a photograph of a vista today.

So, first, a disclaimer: I don't know what it is about Cybershots, but as beautiful as their macro shots are, their scenery pictures always look rather flat. Which is a shame living in "scenery photographer heaven," as a friend of mine recently described Colorado. (You know who you are.)

I honestly discounted this daily challenge as soon as I read it. I did not expect to be anywhere with a quintessentially Colorado vista. Much to my surprise, I found myself looking at a picturesque scene of horses at pasture backed by the scenic Rocky Mountains this afternoon.

I feel that the smaller version of this photo just doesn't give you a good image of what the view was like, so I have a larger version here for folks interested in seeing the bigger picture.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, Hood! What'd I tell you? ;) This is totally amazing.

    ReplyDelete