Tuesday, July 12, 2011

10 July, 2011 - Irish Fest (Day Two)

Make a photo that features stripes of some sort today.

LH and I parted ways with my family after the previous night's concert and headed to her parents' apartment where we crashed for the night. We spent the morning contact juggling, chatting, and touring the building, after which we grabbed some lunch and took off for the Fest again.

The interior of the apartment building was incredibly artsy. I took this shot as a way to fulfill the "stripes" challenge in the case that I couldn't get a photo at the Festival.

We spent some time wandering the grounds before heading over to the stage. When the previous concert had ended, we snagged some spots in front of the stage and passed the time with some more juggling. About half an hour before the show was due to start, one of the torrential downpours that are infamous for messing with the festival cropped up. So we retreated to a tent and waited out the storm.

The rain is a little more visible in a larger version.

Despite being half an hour behind, the Festival let the band play their full set, so we still got to enjoy the concert. Since this was a day concert, as opposed to the night concert of the previous day, I was actually able to get some photos of the band. (All of the following photos are shamelessly edited, since my only goal was to get clear shots.)

ETH's Brian Buchanan, the world's greatest fiddler, in my opinion.

Trevor Lewington, whose amazing vocals, guitar work, and awesome songwriting skills make him my favorite part of ETH. (Yes, I did have to do some shooting in B&W. It's a habit.)

The aforementioned band members playing together. The other three members managed to evade the camera very well--at least, where single shots were concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment