Saturday, March 12, 2011

12 March, 2011

Make a photograph that illustrates a role of technology in your life.

When I later thought about it, I'm not sure that this technically qualifies as an illustration of the role of technology in my life; it merely represents a piece of technology. However, it appears that several other folks interpreted the challenge like I did, so this shall do.

Basically, I didn't want to photograph a cell phone, or laptop, or iPod, or GPS, or any other mainstream piece of technology. The definition of technology being "The study of applied sciences, engineering, etc", I figured I could get relatively creative. So here we have a squirt bottle. Old technology, but technology nonetheless.


I actually heavily edited this shot using GIMP and Picnik. I used the latter merely because I haven't played with it in a while and figured I might as well see what I could make this photo look like with a few effects.

2 comments:

  1. I like this shot! Goodness knows how our lives would change (for the better? for the worse?) without plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think it's a very creative and appropriate interpretation of the theme. Ditto to what Kristy said.

    ReplyDelete