I can't deny it--when I saw this assignment, I momentarily felt bad for you all. After three days of black and white and sepia photographs, the assignment was to use black and white. Of course, that was quickly washed away by my delight at being given permission to use the setting again.
I actually have spent my day indoors, without many photography opportunities. However, when I stepped outside with my dog earlier, I decided to play with photographing the screws and worn paint on our deck. The paint itself is actually a deep red color, so I was interested to see how it turned out in black and white. Unfortunately, when loaded on the computer, the colors from this shot bleached a little bit (I really don't know why that happens, I just know it does) making it so that I had to touch this shot up with GIMP to make it worthwhile.
Cool textures. I like B&W so no worries.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really interesting shot! You kind of wonder how many coats of paint have covered that screw! :)
ReplyDelete