Tuesday, June 14, 2011

14 June, 2011

I love photographing insects. I really do. Especially bees! When one starts paying attention to the bees buzzing around one's neighborhood, they quickly start to pick up on the many different types. I've seen four different types in our yard alone this year.

This lovely critter was buzzing around a plant nursery that we visited. I actually spent a good portion of our duration at the nursery seeking bees out and trying to capture their images. I finally found one bee so enamored with its flowers that it didn't mind me getting close enough to snap some photos.

2 comments:

  1. I think bees are some of the nicest-looking insects, but boy! I'd hate to get stung by one. Awesome picture! I always have a hard time getting them to sit still long enough to snap a photo. I love how both the bee and the flowers look so fuzzy! It is very nice color composition too with the complimentaries there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you catch 'em on the right flower, bees are very agreeable about being photographed. Otherwise, they're veeeeery difficult.

    If only I could take credit for the complementary colors! Alas, that was God's arrangement, not mine.

    ReplyDelete