Friday, June 03, 2011

3 June, 2011

My mother and I hit our favorite flower shop to pick up a few new plants to fill some of our recently emptied planters. We didn't get many, as we're going to have to haul water from the house in watering cans to keep our flora nice and green this summer. (The spigot's still not fixed and I highly doubt the landlord will see to that anytime soon.)

While browsing the flower selection, my mom ran across this lady bug crawling about in one of the pots. I subjected it to a little photo shoot (the poor thing was not happy with me) before moving onto other plants.


This was a really neat flower that we found among the shop's inventory. I noted what it was called, but promptly forgot as I read tag after tag. I thought the bloom looked like something you'd find in a Dr. Seuss story. (I cropped this one up, since there was a rather unavoidable red flower that popped up in all of the photos I got of this flower. Very distracting.)

2 comments:

  1. LADYBUG! :D :D Wow! You got really close! If only my camera could focus like that! (OR if only my camera had enough megapixels I could crop like that)

    I love the flower--The crop you made is very artistically done. It is a neat plant! I wonder if the petals eventually open up, or if they stay like that. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually was able to get pretty close, despite the lady bug's frantically fast pace. I did crop the photo up a bit, but mostly to remove the white noise of unnecessary leaves. This isn't far from the original.

    Well, as all the other flowers of this type had the curled leaves, I can only assume they stay that way, though I could be wrong. I do wish I managed to remember what it was called. Ah well!

    ReplyDelete