Tuesday, June 21, 2011

21 June, 2011

Make a photograph of water in one form or another today.

Water... We've been here a few times now. Sometimes it's doable and sometimes it isn't. Fortunately, we decided to take a spontaneous trip to our favorite park for the fun of it and so that I could make an attempt at getting some decent photos. So, without further ado, I give you the products of our venture:

This scene actually looks better larger, when you can see the young ladies sitting by the lake far better.

I rarely frame subjects this way because I'm not real fond of the blurring in the forefront of the image. I kinda like the way this one turned out, though.

Look! Water!

Even more water! (And some moss.)

I couldn't resist trying my hand at a bit of portrait photography, since our location was fabulous for such things. These two shots turned out the best, I thought. (And so did LH.) Critique is welcomed from any of you experienced with photographing people. *pointed look at Mylla*


So there you are--water!

2 comments:

  1. Oh SO gorgeous!!! Pretty water shots--I love the refreshing mood to them, but I loooove people shots, you know! You did awesome! 'Course you have an advantage with those beautiful subjects of yours. ;)

    Only thing I'd have to say... SINCE you asked for it, is that Boom's leg kinda looks... well, it looks funny if you're looking at the picture too long. XD Since pictures do a terrible crime of flattening an image, her leg looks really short. That's one of the harder things to watch out for when shooting. Easy way to take care of that is to either 1) have a shorter depth of field by having a larger aperture setting, or 2) have her tuck her leg back out of sight.

    I love the lighting, and I definitely love the angle in Boom's--really makes her pretty eyes stand out. The picture of Air is all around lovely--great composition with rule of thirds, no distracting elements, and awesome pose! Very well done. You're an excellent portrait photographer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! The pointed look worked!

    Thank you so much for the critique, Myls! I appreciate your willingness to take the time to do that. (And encourage you to do it of your own free will in the future. ;) )

    I shall keep your advice in mind the next time I work with portraits. It's always handy to have a bit of knowledge under one's belt when one ventures out to take photos. :D

    ReplyDelete